Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Life is an adventure.

Today is the day that Sancho gets to come home. Kelly and I are to meet with the doctors around 4:15pm so that they can fill us in on all restrictions and things we must do to complete the proper recovery. I am sure my other 2 dogs will be very happy to see Sancho back home. We had to purchase a larger cage to make sure that he can stretch out fully and not be to cramped up in his cage with that leg trying to heal. Kelly went to see him yesterday and he is getting more back to normal despite being on morphine to keep the pain away. She told me it looks like he has last 5-10lbs. We keep our dogs on a pretty strict eating schedule to keep them healthy and lean. If we didn't do this they would all be fat for sure.

The next few days will be busy. Along with caring for Sancho on Friday I am off to Dayton to be part of Dayton Hamfest for the day with the rest of my SWAT (www.SWATChasers.com) members to show off the vehicle and possibly get more sponsorships and advice even on what else we can do to better our vehicle. Due to the cost of Sancho's surgery I will be holding off this year and not buying anything except for maybe an antenna for my HT to use in the car. That night is one of Kelly's best friends kids 1st b-day and promised her that I would go with her since I will be leaving for 3 weeks in a few days. Saturday will be busy to hopefully get some more yard work done before I leave one last time and maybe even plant a few garden plants for this years Garcia-Reese crop. Saturday night we have inventory for work from 5pm until we are done which could be well after midnight. In past years we were usually done before 10pm but due to some major changes it won't happen this year.

On Monday I am scheduled to leave for 3 weeks to go to the Great Plains to chase severe weather with the Ball State Geography 490 class. It should be exciting. I have never been to the Plains to chase except when Kelly and I ran from a funnel cloud in Oklahoma City back in the early 2000s when she was attending UNM in Albuquerque, NM. Definitely going to bittersweet leaving the dogs and Kelly behind especially with the injury to Sancho. This is a once in a lifetime experience to be able to be gone for this long chasing storms. I should be back around June 9th or 10th. With the weather pattern looking to ramp back up next week it looks like we may have an active first week out in the Plains.

Also check out the new Facebook integration I added to make it easier for people to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment