Sunday, May 22, 2011

3 weeks in The Plains

Today I am trying to get some last minute things together before I leave for The Plains tomorrow morning. I always hate getting ready for vacations due to the fear of forgetting something. This one is even worse since I will be gone for 3 weeks. I have most everything ready a little early since I plan to chase today with SWAT (www.facebook.com/SWATChasers). Today there should be several supercells popping up all over Illinois and Indiana. You can follow us on our website www.SWATChasers.com where we stream live video of these severe storms.

Update on my dog Sancho who was hit by a tractor a week ago today. He is home resting and getting better every day. He femur was surgically repaird with a metal plate and should have a full recovery. He will be down and out for about 6-8 weeks total. He has so much energy that it is terribly hard making sure he is not doing the things on his restriction list. Thanks for all the support on this!!

Now for the trip. We leave tomorrow morning around 10:30am. I have been chosen along with Teri Watkins to lead the first chase on Tuesday. Right now the SPC is targeting Eastern Oklahoma and Kansas and NE Texas. The problem is many of these areas have terrible terrain for chasing.
Chasing in many of these areas just is not possible and very unsafe. I am very confident that we will get to see many great things on this trip. The pattern looks to be very active this year and we should have ample oppurtunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment